The AHA NSW and Entain have partnered to promote Ladbrokes & Neds digital non-retail wagering inside hotels.
The reason for the new partnership is simple. We want to give AHA NSW members competition and choice in wagering.
A key feature of our new partnership is that Entain is committed to providing significant support to every AHA NSW member hotel which signs a sponsorship agreement. These funds can be used to cover your costs, including Sky, EBTs and Foxtel etc.
For decades many NSW hotels have operated PubTABs for Tabcorp at a significant loss – primarily due to high Sky Channel and EBT fees. In country NSW the majority of country pubs currently run their PubTAB at a loss.
Continued support for Tabcorp’s retail PubTABs
Importantly, the AHA NSW remains committed to supporting Tabcorp’s retail wagering in NSW hotels. Tabcorp have an exclusive retail licence in NSW and cash betting through PubTABs is still extremely important to NSW hotels.
It is our intention AHA NSW member hotels which sign a non-retail digital sponsorship agreement with Entain will also have the opportunity to continue to operate and promote their in-venue retail PubTAB.
Key points of the AHA NSW and Entain agreement:
- NSW pubs which decide to enter into sponsorship arrangements with Entain will display in-venue advertising for Ladbrokes or Neds promoting their digital wagering platforms
- NSW hotels will continue to operate Tabcorp’s retail wagering in their venues
- NSW pubs which enter into sponsorship arrangements with Entain will not:
- install or operate any physical Entain wagering facilities
- advertise to the general public on the exterior of their hotel
- receive any commission from Entain for any bets placed
- have staff operating Entain wagering terminals eg portable iPads or phones
- have staff accepting bets from hotel patrons on behalf of Entain
- do anything else which may offend Tabcorp’s retail exclusivity in NSW
- Punters in pubs will do exactly as they do now – place cash bets via the TAB betting terminal or bet on their phone via the bookmaker of their choice.