A short-list of the state’s best pubs and hospitality operators has been released ahead of this year’s prestigious AHA NSW Awards for Excellence.
The list includes 529 finalists across a record-breaking 46 categories, including the new Disability Inclusion and Access Award category.
Battling it out for the title of Metropolitan Hotel of the Year are nominees from Sydney such as The Light Brigade and The Riley to eastern suburbs pub the Coogee Bay Hotel and north-west favourites The Fiddler and The Duke of Dural (last year’s winner). Newcomer Willowdale Hotel, which opened in May this year, also made the list.
Contenders for Regional Hotel of the Year include Port Macquarie pubs Settlers Inn and Tacking Point Tavern, Hunter pubs Nags Head Hotel, The Prince of Merewether, Huntlee Tavern and The George Tavern, and further south, Central Hotel Shellharbour and The Warilla Hotel.
This year’s awards will be held on Tuesday, 31 October at Royal Randwick Racecourse.
“The AHA NSW Awards for Excellence is an opportunity to recognise excellence and innovation in the NSW hotel industry,” AHA NSW CEO John Whelan said.
“The calibre of finalists this year is the best we’ve seen.”
This year’s awards will also see a return of the People’s Choice Award with nominees from Sydney to the Hunter, the Snowy Mountains, Parkes and everywhere in between.
“The introduction of this category last year proved incredibly popular – because people are extremely passionate about their local pub,” Mr Whelan said.
“With this award the public decides the winner, so I encourage everyone who loves their local to vote and play a role in letting all of NSW know their pub is the best in the state.”
Voting for the People’s Choice Award will open on Monday, 18 September via https://www.ahaawardsnsw.com.au/peoples-choice
Finalists for Metropolitan Hotel of the Year Are:
- Australian Hotel, McGraths Hill
- Camellia Hotel, Rosehill
- Clarendon Tavern, Clarendon
- Coogee Bay Hotel, Coogee
- Golden Sheaf Hotel, Double Bay
- Harbord Hotel, Freshwater
- Hunters Hill, Hotel Hunters Hill
- Rocksia Hotel, Banksia
- The Abercrombie Hotel, Chippendale
- The Buena, Mosman
- The Duke of Dural, Dural
- The Fiddler, Rouse Hill
- The Governor Hotel, Macquarie Park
- The Light Brigade, Woollahra
- The Log Cabin, Penrith
- The Riley, Darlinghurst
- Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, Watsons Bay
- Willoughby Hotel, North Willoughby
- Willowdale Hotel, Denham Court
Finalists for Regional Hotel of the Year Are:
- Bushrangers Bar & Brasserie, Largs
- Camden Valley Inn, Cawdor
- Central Hotel, Shellharbour
- Country Club Hotel, Tooleybuc
- Eagle Hawk Hotel, Sutton
- Elanora Hotel, East Gosford
- Hotel Gosford, Gosford
- Huntlee Tavern, Branxton
- Nags Head Hotel, Adamstown
- Public House Albury, Albury
- Seaview Tavern, Woolgoolga
- Settlers Inn Hotel, Port Macquarie
- Tacking Point Tavern, Port Macquarie
- Tattersalls Hotel, Armidale
- The Entrance Social Club, The Entrance
- The George Tavern, East Maitland
- The Prince of Merewether, Merewether
- The Warilla Hotel, Warilla
A full list of finalists for this year’s AHA NSW Awards for Excellence can be found at www.ahaawardsnsw.com.au
Media Contact: Nikki Taylor 0447 956 170
Read more . . .